Saturday, April 14, 2007

April post

Whew, well it has been almost a month since my last pitiful post. CAn't believe it. I haven't had time to work on any quilts lately, although I have one half made waiting on my desk to be finished. I've also been planning to make one for my husband's aunt who has been sick. But there is so little time to do the things we most want to.

Speaking of that, I have been trying to lose weight for two years. The result is that I have gained 15 pounds. Why does it work that way? So we finally decided to get professional help. I just was not successful on my own, so it seemed like the last option. We are going to start working with a fitness trainer. I will keep everyone posted on how it goes.

When I saw my body fat percentage, I almost croaked. But I am hopeful that this will change. I am learning that if I am going to make these kinds of changes I have to prioritize things other than work. And to make that possible, I am going to have to change the way we spend our money. Everything in life is interconnected when it comes to this stuff. Just like the trainer said about our bodies. All the systems are interconnected. If you improve one area, it will affect all the others.

Well, last thing. Anyone who hasn't check Zorro out, please go to http://www.letters-and-surveys.blogspot.com/ There are some awesome vidoes on there!!

Blog at ya soon!

2 comments:

The Crabby Hiker said...

This is exactly what's been happening to us -- the harder we try to lose weight the more we gain. We're trying to prioritize it now, but please let us know how your experience with the personal trainer goes, because we definitely would like to try what works!!

brd said...

But listen cadh8, does this mean you are going to want your treadmill back? Just when I was finally starting to use it regularly. I hope not.

Speaking of trainers. I worked with my farrier-trainer this morning. It was incredible how much I learned about controlling Solomon in just 45 minutes.