Sunday, May 11, 2008

Pinwheels for the quilt Diva


This is my newest quilt...done from fabric given to me by my mom (Thanks mom!) so this quilt is dedicated to her on this mother's day and will always be my Duke quilt, since making it helped me get through losing my own little "baby". But I really enjoyed this one. Did not take pictures of the stages, but I am not totally done yet. THere will be another edge around the outside and of course I have to chose the backing. But those pics will follow.



The fabrics are great. Really fun...Made for the "Quilt Diva!" But the colors are different than I usually choose, but that is what inspired the pinwheel design. I have never done pinwheels and really not much with triangles, and I really enjoyed it. It gives a lot more motion to the quilt. Block quilts feel a bit more static.

So now I have to decide on the back. Not sure if I want the back to have pattern or be simple to offset the front. I feel like this quilt leaves a lot of options for something different.

THanks so much mom!! Love you soo much!

1 comment:

brd said...

This is so beautiful. I can't believe how quickly you put it together. You really are a quilt diva.

You are right about the pinwheel design giving it a lot of vitality. The lime green as a back would be great if you want to keep it lively.

You are so talented. Maybe we can go to the Pellissippi quilt show next weekend.

XOX