Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Beacon light

A new addition to my little quilt collection. This one will be a gift...to my soon to be former boss. The symbol for our company is a lighthouse, so I have tried to capture a lighthouse theme in the pattern. I have paired a star pattern (to symbolize the light) with a striped pattern to symbolize the body of the lighthouse. The back is a sort of nautical pattern that compliments the theme of the front. It took a long time to decide on the fabrics and pattern. I then planned it out on my graph paper so that I would know if it really captured the theme I was going for. I really like how it turned out. I am going to have it quilted, and hopefully it will be done in time to give it to my boss before my final day at work. But I wanted to show her how much she means to me and how much I care. I hope it shows in this gift.

2 comments:

brd said...

I loved seeing your quilts and I'm amazed at how many you have made and how clever they are.

Pap and I have appreciated having the small quilt with the family names on, ready to throw over our feet when the nights get cold.

The purple flowered throw was such a comfort this winter while I was watching television.

Love,
Grams

brd said...

This quilt is wonderful. The combination of materials are perfect, but even more beautiful is the idea of stripes and beams. It is just the right amount of subtle and direct.

I'm sure your boss will love this.

MOM
XOX