Monday, February 16, 2009

Ahh, the summum bonum in action....little "g" of course...


This morning I came upon a sight that warmed my heart.

4 quilts, strewn around my living room as the picture shows, but imagine four boys cuddling under each. My quilt rack was emptied of its contents...my grandmother's mothers old quilt, the pinwheel quilt I did after Duke died, --the two quilts I show there as special---and my rag quilt. And then one boy grabbed the quilt off the floor that we use to protect the couches when the dogs lay on them. Unfortunate for him, but one could see how he could be confused. It does not exactly look like a dog bed.

So the summum bonum in action. Quilts doing what they are meant to do. Not hanging on a rack, but wrapping children in warmth. That is what grandma's mother would have wanted, what Duke would have been happy to have helped with, and what I certainly thought of as I crafted them.

3 comments:

brd said...

Oh, oh, oh!

cadh 8 said...

Got it this time!! :)
This was really so cute to see!

brd said...

I'm glad you got it. I didn't want to say anything more blatant than that. But oh, how my little heart goes pitter pat at the idea. The summum bonum.