Sunday, March 8, 2009

Class #5



Closing in on the finished Sampler!
We had our last class this week, and I was able to finish two star type blocks and then start on putting them all together. I used sashing in between, as you can see. I have never done "sashing" before, and I really liked this method. It shows off the blocks, and is great for a quilt where all the blocks are different.

I also got to have an embroidery on my snowball block. I chose to name this quilt "Flag of India" Sampler, since it is the colors of India's flag and that was the first thing Ashok said about it when I showed him my first blocks. Having the emboidery was a cool addition.


Class was fun and I learned a lot. The other lady in my class found that, and I quote "This is not for me." but we both had fun. Quilting isn't for everyone, but it IS for ME!!

I will peice this all together, then I already got the backing to it, so I am ready to send it back to Sandra for quilting. I will bind this one so that I can practice what I learned from the last class.

1 comment:

brd said...

Oh, this is so amazingly beautiful. I am glad you did this class so you could produce this very wonderful "Flag of India" quilt.

I really like the embroidery block too. I hope you also were able to work in a little edging somewhere.

I'm afraid that I would have to personally agree with the other lady in your class, but I'm oh so glad that quilting is for you!

BRD