Monday, February 26, 2007

On being spit on at work

Have you ever been spit on at work? I mean literally. Actual spit, with a little bit of lunch in it. It has happened to me. A few times actually. But I wasn't mad. I did want to take a shower ASAP. You see, when you work with fragile people, people who were not blessed with full control of their bodies and minds, you can forgive them for not following the normal social order. And this particular person wanted something...something he couldn't have right then. So he thought he knew how he could get it.

And maybe there will come a day, when I am old and a little senial, when I will get to spit on someone else. It is a great way to get what one wants. I mean, no one likes being spit on. So one day when I am in "the home" and I really want a chocolate bar, I will just start spitting my applesause on people until I get one. Yeah, I deserve it.

Ptooey


Anyone care to share any unique or crazy stuff that has happened at your work?

1 comment:

Lion's Den said...

i can't remember being spit on at work, or at least not on a consistant basis. I do have a funny work story though....

I had been at work only for a few hours at my first job after graduating from college when i heard a very disturbing announcement come over the intercom. well before i tell you the announcement i'll give you a background of the person that made it. it was an older lady, 65 or 70, and she was the mother of the owner. she was pretty heavy set and constantly sweated like she just ran a 5k. she often stopped by in the morning just to say hi. I'm not sure where whe went every morning since she was retired but wherever she was going she clearly felt the need to douse herself with perfume. but not the good kind rather the kind you might find on aisle 9 at kmart or even worse, next to the value pack of fingernail filers at eckards (i think it's called white linens). anyways, this particular morning she came in and made an announcement over the intercom while we were having our weekly meeting. the announcement went something like this "uh, boys, this is Fay and for anyone who likes them i have sticky buns in the break room." a violent case of heebie jeebies spread through the meeting. after thinking for a second we all knew she meant. from that moment on a promised myself that i'd never announce over a loud speaker that i have sticky buns and i'm proud to say to this day i've kept that promise.

while i may not have been spit on, i still felt the same as you did...a little gross and in need of a nice hot shower!