Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Art spot




Honest opinions? what do you think of the fox. I am not done with the details. It is my impressioninstic attempt to capture the feeling we got when we kept seeing this one little fox near our house. He was so cute, and we would see him after our workout session most nights. That is until one day when Ashok saw that he had been hit by a car. It was very sad.
The lighthouse is not my work. It is a picture we bought from our friend who does the art show. It is currently on display in my art room, but will soon be a Christmas gift for my boss...the symbol for our company is a lighthouse, so it really fits.
Finally, my messy art space. Mom, I thought that maybe when you are in Altoona you could show it to Grandmom so she could see my painting zone. Note her art box on the side.

4 comments:

brd said...

I LOVE your little fox. It has a lot of spirit! The colors are interestingly similar to the quilt you are working on. Is that deliberate? Will they be a matched set for a room?

I so much love his eyes and his crooked little nose.

Sorry to hear he did not survive the traffic on your road. I haven't seen our Zorro for a very long time. Perhaps he fell to the same fate. The other 3 raccoons are still nightly visitors.

brd said...

Oh, and I like the lighthouse painting too. I hope I get to see it in person before you give it away.

brd said...

Hi, Carrie,
So glad to see your blog. Your kitchen looks great. The black counter top is classy.
What a cute little fox. Did you take a picture and paint frfom that? You are very creative.
I love the quilt. You are very bold with you colors., I like that.
I loved seeing my old paint box - ready for action. Keep painting.
Love, Gram

brd said...

Carrie,

Your kitchen is very, very nice. Your quilts are beautiful!

Pap