Wednesday, July 9, 2008

flowers...a change of pace




Just some views of my little garden. I have been having some fun with a pot garden this year. I did not ever have a lot of success with my flower bed. I got phlox to grow there, which is great, but nothing else ever took. With the pots, you can move them around in the sun or out of it as needed. THey take a lot more watering, but otherwise I like them that way. Also, I used Miracle Gro Potting soil this year, which was great. It really did make everything grow bigger.
But I love the three pink flowers. They are my newest. The balloon flowers are quite pretty and really do look like a baloon bursting open. Also you can see my lilac growing behind it. I had to put it in a bigger pot this year, since I still haven't found the right place to put it.
Flowers are fun as a change of pace from quilting. You get to be outside and yet you can still be creative and enjoy the process of planning and working toward a beautiful end result. Of course, these little attempts are no where near as beautiful as BRD's garden, but it is an attempt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a beautiful garden.

arlene,
Puyallup florist

brd said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I like the pink ones also.

That Miracle Grow Potting Soil is pretty good. Any time I have used it, the plants have done well. I wish you could see my Moon Flowers.

Love ya,

BRD

cadh 8 said...

Ohhh, you have moon flowers! I want to get one of those. Will you save me some seeds so I can plant one next year.