Sunday, September 7, 2008

Elephant quilt

Some nice pictures of a quilt I did a while ago for my aunt. It is a Batik Elephant print that I loved right off and the back is flannel. It makes for a cozy blanket that is not too heavy. My sunt took a great picture of it on a pretty summer day in Pennsylvania.


I quilted this one by hand, tracing out the elephants. It is a subtle addition, but I think it makes it look nice. I worked on it on the long trip to granma's and as I sat in the den watching TV waiting for Christmas morning. And it almost got done in time. As I sit here in my warn TN living room looking at this summery pictures, my mind can't help but go back to that cold day with maybe a snowflake or two falling outside, sitting with Grandma behind me stroking my hair and other bodies of sisters, brother, dad, pap, aunt are all around because there is not much room in the den. :)But it came out great and now sits with other relics of world travel in a place of honor in my aunt's living room. I am honored that she has placed it there.

Thanks for the pics Aunt Deb!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

:-)
that is a fantastic elephant quilt!
Becky

brd said...

Nice choices for Aunt Deb! And the pictures are so nice too.