Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year to all!

Well, it is officially 2009 and I thought I had better start this year's blogging off right. And there is so much to blog about!
So this year I am going to start with my new organization tools and then talk about my projects planned for 2009.












This year my mom and dad picked out a quilting box for me that is so great. It is actually a tool box, but it is so functional for crafting. The first picture is the main storage compartment. I have put some extra fabric in this section. The fabric on top is some that was given as part of the gift. You can see two of my upcoming projects laying in it. I am not sure exactly what I will do with the fabrics, but the colors are great together, so I am sure I will think of somthing. The next picture is what gets stacked on top. Nice organizational compartments where I have put thread, needles, pins, and I plan to put in all the little loose buttons that come with every new shirt I get! :) So now all my quilting stuff will be neatly stored, plus the top of the box is a nice flat surface that can also be used for stacking or working.

Next, my 2009 projects. You can see two of my projects above and here are two more.


The red, blue, and brown stack is one that I have been working on for a while now...it has been featured in a past post. It is a catch-all quilt of leftovers from other projects. I am excited about what I am doing with it, but it is sort of a back burner thing and with all my gift projects, it has been languising a bit. I am exicted to get back to it and it won't take much to finish.

The second stack is one that was inspired by the quilt show I went to last summer in Knoxville. It has a space theme with lots of cool fabrics on that theme. I think I may have gone too far with the fabrics, making it quite the peice meal job, but that is part of the fun of it, right? We will see if it turns out well or crazy. I like crazy, so either way is fine with me. ;)

And finally, a new fronteir. Hand quilting!
My grandmother gave me an actual quilting and embroidery frame. I want to try quilting me next quilt by hand. We'll see if I can handle the tedium of it. But I am excited to try.
So those are my plans for 2009. I am excited to get started. My first stop will be a binding class at the Quiting Frame on Saturday. Another step to being able to fully complete a quilt by hand.

1 comment:

brd said...

Nice pictures of your new equipment. I'm glad to see the quilting frame all set up. Looks good.

The quilt with the space theme does look crazy. Will grandma like it? She hates space.