Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Aaah the joy....

I had a cook say to me this week that the greatest joy for her when she cooks is seeing someone truly enjoy the meal she has prepared. And this got me to thinking about my quilts. I have to agree with her. I love to see someone gaining warmth from my quilts, and there is nothing better than knowing that someone got comfort out of them. I mean, I would feel proud if someone told me they hung my quilt on the wall for all to see. But I would rather that they said they wrapped up in it while watching a favorite movie or put it out for guests to use.

So this week I got a real treat when I heard that the new owner of my dear Scrappy Lappy is truly loving it. According to his mother's reports, he cries for it and has been sleeping in his own bed since he has it to wrap up in (that may be unrelated, but I like to think he feel safe with Scrappy at his side).  And the name Scrappy Lappy has totally stuck. I laugh to think that one day, when scrappy Lappy is looking more scrappy than lappy,  he will say to his mom, "Mom, why do we call this blanket Scrappy Lappy?" and maybe she will be able to show him the ancient archives that will be this blog and he will know why.

2 comments:

brd said...

Oh, oh, oh! I so love this!

Kyra said...

Love the colors on your scrappy quilt! One day I'll have to gather my fabric pieces to make one.