Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Glass art...one last snow project...


So for Christmas my grandparents got me this glass painting kit and I have finally gotten it out and used it while I was snowed in. I really enjoyed this project, but it was very different for me. You had to outline everything for one. I drew my picture and put the paper under the glass, so it was more like tracing. But it was hard to be steady with the black lines. Then I filled in the lines with color. The hummingbird color was my favorite, although it is hard to see. I was able to give the paint texture and sparkle. But the colors are much lighter because they are meant to be translucent, so that makes it different.
I finished by creating texture on the clear background. I love that part. The whole thing has so much texture that you just want to touch it. Now I have to find a way to hang it where light can come through it but where it won't fall and shatter...

A great project and I look forward to doing something a bit more formal with it, as this was just a fun first try.

2 comments:

brd said...

Beautiful! I'll be anxious to see it in person.

Unknown said...

looks great!