Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A holiday turned snow day

I don't know what it is, but there is something about snow days and quilting that goes hand in hand. Maybe it is some internal drive that says, you better make something warm so that you don't have to be cold in this snowy weather! or maybe it is just the boredom of being stuck inside all day. Whatever the reason, I felt inspired again yesterday. And as all my half done projects got finished last weekend, I am onto new projects.

Last week I got a couple of these pink and turquoise colored fat quarters at a local fabric shop. The store is called Stitcher's Garden, and it is the most incredible collection of fabric I have ever seen. I didn't even know it was there until recently and decided I had better check this little place out. I would much rather buy from a local business than a big JoAnn's if I can. I have also been buying a lot online, so this would save shipping costs. So I must have gone in just after a new shipment arrived, as there were boxes and bolts everywhere. But it was really inspiring to see it all. And the lady behind the counter showed me her latest creation from a pattern called "Oh My Gosh!" This picture came from an online quilter's gallery, but doesn't it just make you want to say "OH MY GOSH!! How did you do it?!?!" In person it is really something to see.

So after I made some of my main blocks I was try to figure out how to make this quilt special. Then I remembered some old jeans that have been laying around for a while waiting for use. I think they will look really cool with the color pallet of the quilt. Plus the texture will be a cool addition to the quilt. I am really excited to see how it all turns out. Can't wait for another snow day so that I can get it finished!! :)

1 comment:

brd said...

Oh my gosh, you are doing nice things again. I love your light catcher too.

The colors of the fabrics from the Stitcher's Garden store are very nice. Different from what you've done before.

Sew on!